Monday 26 December 2011

Make Up Brush Care (:


Models Prefer Powder/Liquid Brush
$21.99 @ Priceline
You Will Have To Buy In Store :(


Yes... I know... I just brought up one of the most boring-est (I just totes invented that word) topics in the world!!! Cleaning and caring for makeup brushes. It may be boring, but it needs to be done.

Not many people realize the hazards involved with not cleaning your brushes. Non-cleaned makeup brushes contain:
Old makeup
Dead Skin Cells
Oils
Bacteria
&& Dirt

Dirty Brushes leave the brush stiff and scratchy which can cause an irritation to the skin, which can lead to prolonged rashes and infections as all the bad things above will seep into wound.

Also if you clean your brushes, their lifespan will be much longer!! Which means less money spending :)

Eyeliner + Eye Shadow brushes need to be cleaned after every use (only if you don't want to damage your eyes or go BLIND premature) !!
Foundation is a minimum of 3x a week !!
Blush 2x a week !!
Lip brush is after every use as well :)

This is how I clean my brushes...

1. Run the tip of my brushes over a Makeup wipe to remove the hardcore stuff from the brushes. NOTE: don't press hard as it can ruin your bristles.
2. Wet a piece of paper towel with brush cleaner, and run my brushes over the wet spot, pressing slightly more harder than the last time, but yet again not hard enough to harm my brushes.
3. Rinse the tip of my brushes off with a bit of water, avoiding the top of the bristles, as if moisture is trapped in there, one morning you will find mold growing.. This step also helps with sensitive skin, as it washes away some of the cleaning product.
4. Leave them to dry before placing back in my makeup case.

Hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...